For Support, Call Us Now :
How To Reset ASUS Router Password [Quick Guide]
Resetting the password on a frequent time can help you to keep your router more safe and secure. But it is recommended that do not skip any step or make any mistake while implementing the methods to reset Asus router password.
Forgot Asus Router Password? Try these Solutions
Asus routers are quite different for changing the password as compared to others. In case if you also want to know the processes to get rid of the situation forgot router password Asus. Hence, follow the methods as discussed below.
Solution 1: Reset Admin Password of the Asus Router
This is the primary method that you need to know about the methods of how to reset Asus router password. Follow the steps and solve the issue on your own.
- The first and foremost thing you have to do is to launch a web browser on a device that is connected with your Asus router.
- After that, navigate to the address bar and there type “http://192.168.1.1” in it and tap on the Enter key on your keyboard.
- If you have not changed the username and password before, then type “admin” in both the empty field. Tap on OK and proceed the method.
- As an alternate method, you can also type “http://router.asus.com” in the browser to go to the admin panel.
- Now, you have to choose Status and Security.
- Click on the drop down box with the help of the pointer and change the username and password from there.
- Now, tap on the “Reset the Password” option and set a new password of your choice.
- Next, you have to re-enter the password and choose the option Apply to save the changes.
- Finally, connect your router with the devices that you want to connect and check if you successfully, reset Asus router password or not. If not then go to the next step and resolve the problem.
Solution 2: Reset WiFi Password of the Asus Router
- First of all, navigate to the Admin tab of the Asus Router.
- After that, you have to login by giving the proper password and username.
- When you complete the login process you are on the dashboard of the Asus router.
- Now, you have to select the Wireless panel. You can find this option under the Administrative Settings.
- Now, you can notice the various types of Options related to WiFi, in the Wireless panel.
- Choose the SSID and WiFi Band for which you want to change the password.
- By any chance, if your Asus router doesn’t support a number of bands and SSID then you should ignore this particular step.
- After that, choose the password protection types such as WEP/WEP2 from the list of options.
- At the last step, put the new password in the password box and tap on Save option as well.
- Check whether you get rid of the forgot router password Asus or not.
Instructions while Resetting Asus Router Forgot Password
When you are going to reset the password you should keep in mind some important things as well. It will help to keep the password safe and secure.
- While changing the password check that you are connected with stable internet connectivity.
- Never create a weak password. Use the combination of letter and number and make it eight characters long.
- Never use punctuation mark or generic numbers such as your phone number and date of birth.
- Change your password at least twice in a month.
Hopefully, the above article will help you to reset Asus router password. But still, if you have any queries then you can also write to us. Moreover, if the tutorial is beneficial for you then write your feedback to us.