Most of the Netgear routers have a default password and username. While buying a new Netgear router or configuring an old one with factory default settings, you need these credentials.
Whenever you use the web address “www.routerlogin.com”, the username and password will be “admin” in both cases. If you have bought a Netgear router and don’t know its default password, follow the steps stated here.
Netgear Login Process
If you want to avoid any disruptions, first, check that you are connected with a stable Internet connection or a secure Wifi network. Also, check that the drivers are updated already or not. Look at the steps below.
How to Log into Netgear Router?
If you have never changed the router’s password before, navigate to the “www.routerlogin.net” or enter the IP address “192.168.1.1”. Next, click on the Enter button.
In this case, the password and username is “admin”. However, if you are facing any trouble, get in touch with an expert or look at the information stated below.
- The very first thing you have to do is open a web browser installed in your device. Make sure that you are already connected to the router network.
- Now, navigate to the address bar and type “www.routerlogin.com” or “www.routerlogin.net”. You can also use the IP address “192.168.1.1” or “192.168. 0.1”. If you are unable to find the IP address, then look at the back of the box.
Now, move to the login page and enter the username and password. Write “admin” in both the cases and press the Enter button.
Netgear Login Default Username and Password
Forgot Netgear Router Username and Password?
Below are the steps that you can follow if forgotten your Netgear router’s credentials:
- If you don’t know the password or username and/or never changed it, you may find them in the label. Also, check the serial number and the login address of your router.
- In case you didn’t change the password ever, then find the default router password and username from the list above.
- If you have already changed the password, but have forgotten it, then you have to reset the default configuration or go back to the factory settings.
For this, press down the Reset button for almost ten to twenty seconds.
How to Change Netgear Router Network Name?
To modify the name of Netgear router network, here are the steps:
- At first, open a web browser on your device and then click on the address bar. Type “www.routerlogin.net” and press the Enter button.
- Once the login window appears on the display, you have to enter the username and password.
- If you did not change the password before, then write “admin” in both the cases.
- Now, choose the Advanced icon and click on the Administration option. After that, tap on the “Set Password” option and enter the old password.
- Write down the new password twice to confirm it. If you want to recover the old password, then click on “Enable Password Recovery”.
Then, click on Apply and save the changes you have done.
How to Access your Netgear Router?
First of all, follow the steps discussed above to log into the router’s web interface. Then provide the username and password accordingly. If you are configuring the Netgear router for the first time, make sure you enter the default credentials provided with the device.
Thereafter, go to the “Advanced” section and select “Setup Wizard”. Wait until your router identifies the Internet connection and prompt to sign in again. In most cases, this is when you need to type the new admin password and save it for the router.