Possible Ways to Configure Linksys Router
If you want to use any routers in the best way possible, then you need to Configure Linksys Router. That way, there can be a lot of advantages which you might not have got otherwise.
For that, you are going to find all the instructions on how to configure Linksys Router. You will be able to do that all by yourself by following the steps.
Why you Should Configure Linksys Router?
It is always a good idea to know why you are doing and what you are doing. But in this case, this is going to be even more important as you are dealing with a network router.
The Linksys router has a lot of great features that come with it. Some of these are going to be active by default. And to make use of the other ones, you will need to tweak the routers to a degree. That is why you need to configure your Linksys router. This is because you can then use all the cool features. But more than that, you will be able to avoid a lot of different technical glitches. Remember that you might have come across them if you had not performed the setup.
Issues like that of security, which is quite prominent, can easily surface because we are dealing with a network router. As it is used by so many people with a view to get their network issues sorted. Thus, that is where all the risk associated with it comes from.
Furthermore, this can lead to data theft and crippling virus attacks among a lot of different things that can happen.
So, such are the reasons why you need to configure your Linksys router.
How to Configure Linksys Router: Methods to Follow
In this section of the article, we have listed all the different steps that you need to Configure Linksys Router.
Follow them on and you will be able to do this easily –
- Type in the IP address of your Linksys router in the search panel and hit the Enter key.
- That is going to bring up the login window. You will have to type in all the login information in the specific sections.
- Log in with all of that and that is going to bring up the settings window.
- Type in the various DNS addresses that you have with your network devices.
- Finally, click on the Save Settings button to apply all the different settings.
Thus, you have configured the Linksys router that you have.
There is another method for this that you can use, which is to forward the network ports from your system.
This is how to configure Linksys Wireless Network by means of forwarding ports.
- Look for the Application & Gaming section in the control page of the Linksys router. You will have to log in to the router IP to do that.
- Now, type in all the port forwarding information that you have. Along with that make sure to specify the device that you have.
- In order to secure some of the ports. What you might have to do is to put the same value in the Start and the End sections.
- Now for this step, you would have to choose the protocol that you want to make use of.
- Now, put in the IP address which you want to forward into another port.
- In the final step, what you have to do is activate the port forwarding from there on.
Thus, you have now configured your network router. And you will now be able to enjoy all the great features that come with it.