Belkin routers are one of the best routers in the market. A router will help you to use your broadband internet on multiple devices at the same time. So, if you have purchased one and wondering how to setup Belkin router, then you are in the right place. Here, I will be discussing the different procedures by which you can set up your Belkin router.
Procedures for Belkin router setup
There are two most effective methods by which you can set up your Belkin router. You can either use the setup disk of Belkin, which is provided along with the router, or you can do the setup manually. So, let us see these two different methods step by step.
Method 1. Using the setup disk of Belkin
- First, you have to disconnect your router and modem from the power source on the wall.
- Now, take an ethernet cable and connect your Belkin router and your modem. You have to connect one end of the cable to the modem in the ethernet port. Take the other end and connect it to the port labeled as “WAN / Internet” on your router.
- After that, plug in your modem and your router to the power supply.
- Next, take the disk or “Belkin Easy Install Wizard Software” and insert it in the cd drive of your computer. After about 10-15 seconds, the window of Wizard will show up on the screen.
- After that, click on the option of “Run the Easy Install Wizard”. You have to follow the instructions showing on the screen and set up the connection of the internet. The on-screen instructions will also help you to set up your username and password. Using this login credentials you will be able to connect all of your devices to the internet.
- Next, click on the button of “Finish”. This will exit you from the Wizard page and it will close. A prompt will appear on the screen saying that the connection to the internet is successful.
This is one of the easy process for how to setup Belkin wireless router. However, you can also choose to do the setup manually if you do not have the disk.
Method 2. Set up Belkin router manually
So, let us see the steps to manually set up your Belkin router.
- Disconnect your router as well as your modem from the power output unit on the wall.
- Now, take an ethernet cable and connect one end to one of the WAN port of your router and the other end to the ethernet port of your modem.
- After that, reconnect both of the devices to the power supply.
- Next, take another ethernet cable to connect your router to your computer. You can connect the ethernet cable on any one of the router ports which are labeled as “Ethernet”. Making this connection will allow the computer to stay connected to the router during this whole process of setup.
- Now, open any browser on your computer. Then, go to the address bar and type “192.168.2.1”. This address is the default IP address for the Belkin router and it will open the setup page of the router on your display.
- You have to go to the top right corner of the web page and click on the “Login” button.
- Keep the space for the password empty and click the “Submit” button. Now, you will get logged in to the Belkin router directly.
- On the router setup page, you have to go to the left pane of the page and click on the option of “Internet WAN”. Within this option, select the option of “Connection Type”.
- After that, you have to choose the type of internet connection from the list. For most of the users, they will select the option of “Dynamic”. This is the internet connection type which is used by the majority of Internet providers. However, If you are not sure, you can contact your internet provider and know the type.
- Next, enter the details of the network you are using and click the option of “Apply Changes”. If you do not have all the details, you can contact your internet provider and note them down.
- Lastly, check the status under the option of “Internet Connection”. If it shows “Connected”, then you are all set to use your Belkin router.
Both of these methods are very effective and you will have no trouble in doing Belkin router setup by following these methods. So, use these methods and start using your Belkin router today.