AT&T stands for American Telephone & Telegraph. It is one of the largest telecommunication providers in the USA. This router offers services for fixed and mobile networks. It also provides services like pay-TV through its DirectTV connections.
To use the AT&T router, one has to log in to their user account first. It is one of the primary steps to access the connections. By completing the AT&T Uverse login procedure, you can access the router’s configuration page.
Thereafter, you can change the settings of your AT&T router and also modify the password.
Step-by-Step Guide for AT&T Router Login
Logging in your AT&T router is quite simple and users don’t face any problem while accessing their accounts. Here’s how you can log in to your AT&T router account securely.
- First, make sure that your router is properly connected to the power source.
- Once your router is properly powered on, connect your computer or other devices to it.
- Now enter 192.168.1.254 in the URL tab of the browser in your connected device.
Note: 184.108.40.206 is the login IP address of the AT&T router. If you are accessing the router login page for the first time, then enter “attadmin” in the password section. It is the default password for all AT&T routers.
4.Thereafter, enter all the default username and password, then log into your AT&T router account. Now set up your router connections for enabling the Internet.
Once you setup your account, your router will be ready to use the Internet. Before exiting, make sure to change the password of your router and also set a new network name for it. This is to make your login details more secure for further use.
How to Change the Login Credentials?
You can change your AT&T router login details anytime. To change the password and network name of your AT&T router, here are the steps.
- First, go to the configuration menu of the AT&T router. You can access the configuration menu by entering 220.127.116.11 in the URL bar of your browser.
- Now navigate to the “Home Network” option and click on the “Wireless” tab.
Note: Below the Wireless tab, you will get the option to change your network name and security details for your router. Also, in the Wireless section, you can change your bandwidth settings, power level consumption, and many other options.
3. You can make changes to your Wi-Fi name from the Network Name (SSID). To modify the password of your router, change the Security option from the WPA-Default key to the WPA-PSK option. After that, enter a new password in the Key section.
After you change your login credentials, press the Save button and exit from the configuration menu. The next time you log in to your AT&T router account, use the new password and username.
Reset AT&T Router
If you are facing any issues with the router or forgot the login details, then try resetting the AT&T device. You can reset your AT&T router by following the steps given below.
- First, turn off your router and remove the connections from your computer.
- Now, turn on the router independently without any connection to your existing devices.
- Then locate a reset or a factory reset button on your router or modem. It is generally located on the rear end of your router.
- Once you locate the reset button, press and hold it for more than 15 seconds approx.
- Thereafter release the button. Your router will now restore to the default settings.
Once you reset your router or modem, all the configuration made will revert to its default settings. To make any changes to your AT&T router account, log in with the default username and password provided.
It is advised to keep your login details a secret as to avoid any misuse of your network. We hope you were able to login to your AT&T router account securely without any problem.