AT&T router, modem, or gateway users can change the Wi-Fi password from the web interface or Smart Home Manager app. Note down the device’s default IP address, username, and password to reset the existing password from the admin panel.
However, you can change the password from the AT&T mobile app without the IP address or login information. The steps to reset the Wi-Fi password vary from one AT&T device to another. So, you must check the AT&T router, modem, or gateway model before implementing the steps.
Connect the AT&T device to your computer or smartphone. Access the Wi-Fi menu and select the correct SSID from the available list. Open a browser and check if you can access the internet from the device. If yes, follow these step-by-step instructions to change the Wi-Fi password easily:
Steps to Change the AT&T Router, Modem, or Gateway Password with Smart Home Manager
Smart Home Manager app lets AT&T device users modify the Wi-Fi settings quickly. Install this application on your Android or Apple phone and use these steps to reset the Wi-Fi password:
- Open the Google Play store to install Smart Home Manager on your Android device.
- Access the App Store to download and install Smart Home Manager on your iOS device.
- Double-tap on the Smart Home Manager icon and log in to your account using the right credentials.
- Head towards the My Wi-Fi section to find the current AT&T Wi-Fi password and wireless network name (SSID).
- Select the Edit button next to “Password” and choose the “X” icon to delete the existing Wi-Fi password.
- Write the new password, press the Save button, and close the Smart Home Manager window.
Restart the AT&T device and open the Wi-Fi menu from your computer. Select the right wireless network name from the list and tap “Connect”. Enter the new Wi-Fi password and press the Enter key to access the internet.
Quick Steps to Reset the AT&T Wi-Fi Password on the NVG589 Gateway?
NVG589 gateway is a popular choice among homeowners and entrepreneurs. To change the AT&T Wi-Fi password on this gateway, follow these easy steps:
- Connect your computer or smartphone to the AT&T wireless network.
- Access a reliable web browser from the device and go to the address bar to write the default IP address.
- Type “192.168.1.254” and go to “Home Network” from the next web page.
- Tap on “Wireless” and select the Submit button to access AT&T gateway’s admin panel.
- Head towards “Security” from the options list and choose “WPA-Customer.
- Navigate to “Key” and remove the existing AT&T Wi-Fi password.
- Write a new and secure AT&T password containing at least 8-12 characters.
- Choose the Save button and close the AT&T admin dashboard, pressing the “x” icon.
Click on the Wi-Fi icon on your Windows or Mac device. The screen will show a list of wireless network names (SSID).
Choose the correct network name from the available list and tap on “Connect”. Enter the new AT&T Wi-Fi password and use the internet on your device without compromising the network security.
Quick Steps to Change the AT&T Wi-Fi Password on the BGW210 Gateway
AT&T customers widely use the BGW210 gateway in their homes and offices. Remember that this gateway has two bandwidth frequencies – 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz. Keep the same Wi-Fi password and network name on both.
Follow these instructions to reset the AT&T password on the BGW210 gateway:
- Connect your Windows or Mac computer with the AT&T gateway’s Wi-Fi.
- Open a browser from the device, go to the address bar, and write “192.168.1.254”.
- Press the Enter key and head to the Home Network section when the next page opens.
- Locate the Wi-Fi option and go to “Access Code” to enter the existing AT&T gateway’s password.
- Press the Continue button and scroll down to “Home SSID” from the next page.
Note: You will find a Guest SSID section on this web page. Tap on “Guest Network” if you want to change its AT&T Wi-Fi password.
- Go to “Security” on the Home SSID section and tap on “WPA-PSK”.
- Move towards the Password field and enter the new AT&T Wi-Fi password.
- Note down the new password somewhere and click on “Save”.
- Close the AT&T gateway’s settings page and reconnect the devices using the new password.
Quick Steps to Change the AT&T Wi-Fi Password on Pace 5268 Gateway or Modem
Pace has manufactured several AT&T gateways/modems, and the 5268 gateway is one of them. Follow these steps to change the default Wi-Fi password of this device:
- Access the Wi-Fi menu to check if your computer or phone is connected to the AT&T Wi-Fi network.
- Open a web browser from the device and write “192.168.1.254” in the address bar.
- Locate “Gateway Status”, tap on “Wireless”, and scroll down to “User Network”.
- Go to “Wi-Fi Password” and navigate to “Use customer Wi-Fi Network password”.
- Remove the existing AT&T Wi-Fi password and enter a new one.
- Select “Guest Network” to set a new AT&T Wi-Fi password for Guest Network.
- Press the Save button after changing the AT&T password on Pace 5268 gateway/modem.
- Use the new Wi-Fi password to reconnect your computer or phone with the gateway/modem.
Quick Steps to Change the AT&T Wi-Fi Password on 3801HGV, 3600HGC, 5031NV and 516NV Gateways
The steps to change the AT&T Wi-Fi passwords on 3600HGV, 5168NV, 5031NV, and 3801HGV are slightly different from resetting the password on the Pace 5268 gateway. Here, you have to follow the below-mentioned steps to change the default password:
- Open a web browser, head to the address bar, and write “192.168.1.254”.
- Hit the Enter button and go to “Key Things to do Using Your Gateway”.
- Navigate to “Security” and choose the Wireless Key option.
- Move towards “Use custom Wireless Key” and enter the new AT&T Wi-Fi password.
- Enter the AT&T gateway’s Access Code in the Password section and tap on “Submit”.
- Access your device’s Wi-Fi menu, select the AT&T Wi-Fi network name, and click “Connect”.
- Write the new Wi-Fi password to connect your computer or smartphone to the internet.
Where to Find the AT&T Gateway/Modem or Router’s IP Address?
AT&T users can find the IP address on the gateway, modem router manual, or the product label. However, if it isn’t there, use the “ipconfig” command on the Command Prompt tool to get the default IP address.
Did you connect your Mac laptop to the AT&T device? Access the Apple menu, scroll to System Preferences, and select Network from the options list. Tap on Wi-Fi and go to the Status section to find the AT&T router, modem, or gateway’s default IP address.