Easy Setup for Asus Router Firmware Update
Your wireless router is the first line of the problem between your system and malware infected content of the web. Thus, an obsolete version of a firmware weakens the firewall, which may lead to severe security issues. It takes place partially due to inferior security practices on the users part if they don’t go for the required updates. As a result, it hampers the functioning of the web interface and affects the overall speed. For the majority of the cases, every router, at the very basic level, tends to give you flawless access to the internet.
Similar to your OS, your router requires an update with the recent security patches and effective fixes are necessary in order to make the actions normal. When the dealer gets through any security problem, they will try to resolve the patch considering it as a part of the firmware patch. With the help of the firmware update, you can resolve bugs and enhance the overall performance of the system. Also, they can incorporate certain features. Therefore, it is a great option to resort to the installation process. Keeping this in mind, we have outlined the major steps for the Asus router firmware update.
How to Update Asus Router Firmware?
You need to update the firmware on a regular basis to the recent version of the router. Therefore, you can do so either through manually or through the update on ASUSWART.
Update it from ASUSWART
- In order to start the proceedings, you have to open the web browser and move to ASUSWART. You can found that on the official router support website.
- You will find the popup present at the top right corner if the new version is present.
- After that, press on Update Now. This will take you to the Administrator page. After that, press on Firmware Upgrade.
- Then, wait for some time until the uploading gets over.
- First, you need to download the recent version of the firmware for the device using the ASUS website. You can obtain the corresponding support page of the router on the ASUS networking website.
- Next, you need to download the file and then unzip it. Then, you will find a w.file.
- After that, you have to open the browser and move to ASUSWRT. Now, enter the username as well as password.
- Next, you need to get through the Administration tab present in the Advanced Settings.
- Now, press Firmware Upgrade option.
- Then, press Click Upload.
- Moreover, select the firmware file which you wish to download. Then, click on Open button in order to upload the firmware.
- Finally, wait for a while till the uploading gets over.
Update for Android Users
- Move to the Google Play Store using the proper link. Else, you can use the QR code. After that, you can download the app.
- When the installation gets over, launch the app.
- Now, press the Refresh button present at the top right corner. This is done in order to obtain the IP address of the device. Thus it is very useful for Asus router update firmware.
Update for iOS Users
- First of all, you need to move to the App Store using the proper link. After that, you need to scan the QR code.
- After that, download the app.
- Upon completion of the installation, set the apps.
- Now, you need to click on the Refresh button present at the top right corner of the app. With this, you can easily obtain the IP address of the device.
Hopefully, this article covers all the major steps for Asus router firmware update. By following the above steps, you would easily be able to update the firmware in no time. Moreover, you can refer to the user guide to have a quick glance. Apart from this, if you have any new idea, you can provide that in the comment section.