TP-Link makes some of the best network routers that you can find, with all the features that you might need. That is what which made it a choice of millions of users around the world, for their homes and offices. With this router, it is rather straightforward to get a seamless high-speed internet connection. It is the powerful firmware that comes with the TP-Link router that makes it possible. So, if you want to get the best out of it. Then, you will have to find out “how to update router firmware TP-Link?”
In this article, we have put together a stepwise guide for that. With this, it is going to be very simple for you to get the TP-Link router firmware update. You will not have to go to the tech support to set this router firmware update.
You are also going to find out about the important details of the process. This is also going to contribute to faster execution of the solution.
Why you need to Update TP-Link Firmware
Before we go ahead and take a look at all the technical instructions regarding “how to update router firmware TP-Link?” It is very important to know why you should consider getting this update for your router firmware.
That is why in this section of the article, we are going to discuss why you should consider this.
Since there are complex technological frameworks that go behind the proper functioning of this router. There are a lot of software programs that make it all work properly so that you can enjoy high-speed internet.
All of these together make up the firmware of the router, for which you are going to get the update. Updates are maintenance for your system and it also covers the issue of security.
Hence, these are the major points which make getting the latest update for the firmware of your TP-Link router so necessary. So, let us now go ahead and check out how to update router firmware TP-Link.
How to Update Router Firmware TP-Link?
In this section of the article, let us now look at how we can get this firmware update. And after that install it on to the system:
- From your web browser, go to the official website of TP-Link and look for the model you have.
- Once you find the update, download it into your system and open the files.
- Decompress and extract all the necessary update files, which will be there within the files that you have downloaded.
- Now, you will have to log in to the control software of TP-Link to carry on with the update. Type in the IP address of the router in the web browser and hit the Enter key.
- In the Login page, enter the necessary username and password and click on the Login button.
- You will now see the control software window. Look for the Advanced section. Click to expand it and click on the System Tools option.
- Here, you will find the Firmware Upgrade option. Click on it to start the process.
- Look for the Device Information section and check whether the download file is correct or not.
- Now, expand the Manual Upgrade section and click on the Browse button on that window.
- Find the download file from the drives and click on it to select it.
- Finally, in the window of the firmware upgrade, click on the Upgrade button.
This is going to start the process to upgrade the router firmware. Now, it will take some time to finish. So, wait till the process is all over and when it is done, you will have to restart your TP-Link router.
Thus, we have completed this process. Now, you will be able to access high-speed and seamless internet connection from your TP-Link router.