While using a networking device, the user may encounter various types of issues with it and the router won’t connect to internet is one of them. Usually, this issue is created by some simple software misconfiguration and problems with the router settings. However, in some situations, this issue is triggered by internet and system problems. Now, if you are one of those users which is facing this issue in their router then follow this article. This is because we have provided some solutions to this issue here. But, before going into the solutions, let’s have a look at its major causes.
Major Causes of Router won’t Connect to the Internet Issue
In a system and router, there are various types of problematic factors that can create this issue. In this section, of the article, we have given some examples of those problematic factors. Have a look at them:
- Internet connection isn’t working properly.
- Outdated Network Adapter drivers.
- Improper Router settings
Now, if you have analyzed all the possible causes of the router that won’t connect to internet issue then let’s have a look at its solutions.
How to Fix a Router that won’t Connect to the Internet?
There are many ways by which you can fix this issue on your router. But, you need to apply the steps properly in order to receive positive feedback. In this section of the article. We have provided some of the best ways by which you can resolve this issue. Have a look at them and try to execute them as instructed:
Reset the Router
The first solution you should try against the Belkin, Linksys, Asus, and Netgear router won’t connect to internet issue is the router reset method. Usually, this issue is triggered by router setting misconfiguration and by resetting it users are able to fix it. Now to do that follow the given steps:
- Turn off your router
- Then press the reset button. Most of the time, this button is present on the back side of the router.
After doing that, turn on your router and reconfigure it properly. Once you have done that, check whether the router won’t connect to internet is fixed or not. However, if you are unable to locate the reset button on your desired router then real the manual box to know about its exact location. Apart from that, you can also perform this method with the help of the router’s administrative page. But, if you are unable to resolve this issue with this method the try out the other solutions which is given in the article.
Reset the TCP/IP Stack
Most of the time, users are able to fix this issue on their router by simply resetting the TCP/IP stack. Now, to do that on your router, follow the given steps:
- Open the Run Dialog Box by pressing the Windows key + X key. Then type cmd on it and hit the Enter key or OK button. This will launch the Command Prompt window on the screen.
- In that window, you need to type the following command lines and hit the Enter key at the end of each line.
- netsh int ip reset reset.log
- netsh winsock reset catalog
After doing that, reboot your system and look for the issue. This solution is quite effective against the Netgear, Belkin, Linksys and Asus router won’t connect to internet issue.
Update the Network Driver
Sometimes, Windows OS has issues with a particular wireless network card because of its drivers. And it is quite possible that the same thing is happening on your system also. Now, to fix the Asus, Netgear, Belkin and Linksys router won’t connect to internet issue you need to follow some simple set of instructions and those are given below:
- Press the Windows key + X key to launch the Run Dialog Box. Then type devmgmt.msc on that box and hit the Ok button or Enter key. Now the Device Manager will open up on the screen.
- There you need to locate the Network adapters option and then click on it. A new section will appear under that option. Inside that section, you will find a list of those network adaptors drivers which are present on your system.
- From that list, right-click on those drivers which are showing an exclamation icon or red x and then click on the Properties option.
- A new pop-up box will come up on the screen. In that box, you need to tap on the Drivers tab and then click on the Update drivers button.
After that, you need to follow the on-screen instruction to complete the upgrade process. Once your system finishes that process, reboot it and check the status of the issue.
Run the Internet Connection Troubleshooter Tool
In the Windows OS, there is an inbuilt tool that can resolve almost ever Windows related issue or errors and it is known as Troubleshooter. Now, you can use that tool to fix the Asus, Netgear, Linksys, and Belkin router won’t connect to internet issue. To run the Internet Connection Troubleshooter Tool on your system, follow the given steps:
- Click on the Start icon and type troubleshoot in the search option. Then in the result section select the first shortcut option in order to open the troubleshooting window.
- There you need to click on the Internet connection option to open its window. In that window, you will find the Troubleshoot button. Click on that button in order to start the issue diagnostic and repairing process.
During this scanning process, if troubleshoot tool able to detect an internet connection issue or error then it will automatically fix them and reboot your system. After that system reboot, you just need to check wheater the issue is fixed or not.
Now, if you are unable to solve this issue with the help of above-given solution then it is quite possible that the real cause of the router won’t connect to internet issue lies in your internet connection. And to fix that problem you need to contact your Internet service provider.
We hope that our solutions and suggestions are able to help you settle down your queries regarding how to fix a router that won’t connect to the internet issue. For more tech related stuff keep, following our upcoming articles.
3 Replies to “Why Router won’t Connect to Internet?”
Great blog thank you! Feel free to check mine out.
Awesome personality of expression. Keep it up!
Hi there, just came across your post, really appreciate your works!
Comments are closed.