Users often report about facing difficulties while finding the IP address of their router and look for steps on how to find your IP address. If you are facing any issues while finding IP address of your router, then go through RouterGuide articles to know the process for finding the IP address.
Find Router IP Address in Mac
If you are looking on how to find IP address for your router in your Mac device, go through the steps mentioned below. The process to find the IP address is same in all the versions of Mac. Moreover, it also works both with the WiFi Network Routers and Wired Ethernet Router.
- At first, you need to open the System Preferences from the Apple menu.
- Now, click on “Network” which you will get under the ‘Internet & Wireless’ section.
- You need to select the correct network interface and then click on the Advanced option. You will find the option in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Now, click on the TCP/IP tab.
- The Routers IP address will appear on the screen. The IP address is a numerical address that will be next to the Routers option and will look like 192.168.1.1.
How to get Router IP Address in Windows
If you are a Windows user and thinking about how to find my IP address, then follow the RouterGuide steps that are stated below. The measures will differ accordingly to the versions of the Windows.
IP address on Windows 10
You can get the IP address of your router in Windows 10 by using the Command Prompt and Network Connections.
Command Prompt- To get the IP address of your router using the Command Prompt, perform the following steps.
- First, you need to right-click on the Start button.
- Now, you have to select the Command Prompt.
- When the Command Prompt window opens, enter “ipconfig” and finally press the Enter. The numbers on the Default Gateway section is the IP address of your router. You are required to provide the default gateway number in the URL or Address bar of your web browser if you want to access the router’s web-based setup page.
Network Connections- To get the IP address of your router using the Network Connections, perform the following steps.
- Right-click and open the Network Connection icon that is in the lower right corner of the screen.
- After that select the Open Network and Sharing Center option. Now, look for the connections option and click on the network name. The names will depend on the network that you are using.
- Now click on the details button and look for IPv4 Default Gateway on the Network Connection Details window.
- The numbers that appear on the screen is the IP address of your router.
IP Address on Windows 8, 8.1
Follow the steps given below to find out the IP address of the Router in Windows 8.
Command Prompt- Press the Windows key from the keyboard and then type Command Prompt. The shortcut of the Command Prompt will appear on the screen. The search box will appear on the right side of the screen.
- Click on Command Prompt.
- You need to enter “ipconfig” on the Command Prompt window and then press Enter. The numbers that appear on the screen are the IP address of your router.
Network Connection- To get the Routers IP address, press the Windows key and D from the keyboard. Then you need to right-click the network connection icon. Now Select the Open Network and Sharing Center option.
Upon selecting the option, look for Connections and then click on Network Name. Finally, click on the Details button. Now search for the IPv4 Default Gateway on the Network Connection Details window. The numbers that appear on the screen is the IP address of your router.
Guide to find IP Address on Android
If you are using android and searching for how do I find my IP address, then follow the procedures that are mentioned below.
Find the Router’s IP Address using Wi-Fi Analyzer
Wi-Fi Analyzer is an extremely useful app. Moreover, you can use it to find your Router’s IP address as well. You need to perform the following steps to get the IP address of your Router.
Connect to the Wireless Network
- Now, launch the Wi-Fi Analyzer and then tap on the View menu.
- Finally, select the AP List and then tap on your network name on the top of the screen.
- Then a small window will pop up on the screen showing information about the wireless network. The number that appears is the IP address of the router.
How to log in to the Router’s Web Interface from Android
When you find out the Router’s IP address you can log in to its web interface and modify any router’s settings: change wireless security key, encryption, security mode and more. All you need to do is:
- Open your browser like Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
- You need to enter //your-router-ip (e.g. //192.168.0.1) and tap on Go.
- Now enter login and password for a web-based interface.
- Now, tap on login.
How to find your IP Address on Linux
If you are facing issues while getting the IP address of the router or looking for ways on how to find IP address on Linux, follow the steps given below:
- You need to open a Terminal. Keeping in mind the Linux distribution the option may vary its position. You need to click on applications and then on System Tools. Finally, you need to click on the Terminal option.
- When the terminal opens, type IP route grep default.
- The output that will appear on your computer screen is the IP address of your router.
Find IP Address on iOS
The procedures for finding the Router’s IP address is the same on every iOS device, be it an iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Hence, if you are looking for ways on how do I find my IP address, you are at the best place. Go through the accurate methods to simplify your task.
- Open Settings and then go to the WiFi option.
- Locate the name of the wifi that you are currently connected. Then tap on the (i) option. You will get the option next to the name.
- Now, look at the IP address section under the Routers option. The number next to this is the IP address of your router.
Hopefully, the methods that are mentioned above of RouterGuide will help you to resolve the error that you were currently facing while finding the IP address of your router. Go through the steps according to the OS you are using.