The SKYUI error code 1 basically means that the Skyrim script extender is not running. Before we jump right into the topic and talk about the fixes, you need to know what it is and its causes.
If a new Skyrim patch is released, then the players might encounter this error. You might even face this if you are trying to launch the Skyrim script extender. You must be wondering what a Skyrim script extender is.
Actually, Skyrim script extender is a tool used in Skyrim for modding purposes. It is not yet developed completely, and thus the users encounter the given error. It is mainly caused either due to installation being improper or if there is any problem with executable SKSE64.
Later, we will discuss the causes in more detail.
Cause of the SKYUI Error Code 1
The SKYUI error code 1 is quite a common error, and many users are quite familiar with it as the causes are quite simple. A few of the reasons are discussed below:
- To run the SKSE, you need to launch the Administrator Privileges. Some of the actions in Skyrim need elevation.
- There must be an incorrect installation. It might be possible that the installation you have performed is incorrect.
- The SKSE installation is very definite, and you need to follow the steps accordingly without any mistakes. Making mistakes in any step might cause big trouble.
- In SKSE, the setting was misconfigured or not fit for modding.
- Make sure the game is launched in an inappropriate place.
Fixes of SKYUI Error Code 1
Now, we will discuss the fixes but before you go to the fixes, make sure that you have a proper Skyrim installation on your device. And, also verify that it is updated with the latest build.
The fixes are listed below:
1. Installation Of SKSE
As mentioned earlier, if you have not installed the SKSE properly, then you might encounter the SKYUI Error Code 1 error. You can use two methods – One is the Mod Manager method, and the other is by Manually.
- First, from the official website, you have to download the SKSE.
- Now, you have to open the SKSE64_2_00_04 folder and go to the Data option. You will notice the Script option, right-click on it, and create an archive. It doesn’t matter what archive software you are using.
- After that, you need to rename it to SKSE64-scripts or similar so that it can be easily noticeable.
- Now, install the archive using the manager you have used for modding.
- After that, make a shortcut key that you can use to start the game.
You can also follow the manual process to install SKSE on your PC. Below we have given the steps to do so:
- First, you have to download the SKSE from the official website.
- Then, you have to move the content to a separate location.
- Now, open the SKSE64_2_00_04 and second SKSE64_2_00_04 folder.
- After that copy, the files that are mentioned below
And, paste to the location
X:/Steam/SteamApps/Common/Skyrim special edition
- Now, go to the Scripts folder and highlight all the .PEX files and copy them.
- Paste it to
X:/Steam/SteamApps/Common/Skyrim Special Edition/Data/scripts
- Finally, check if the error has been dissolved or not.
2. Run the SKSE64
As mentioned in the previous section, it requires access to the administrator to install correctly on your device. Even proper elevation is needed when it is launched.
And, the steps are listed below:
- First, right-click on SKSE64 from the Directory and select the Properties option.
- Now, click on the compatibility tab and hit run this program as an administrator option.
- Finally, press the Apply option to save the changes and exit the process. Now, launch the application and check if the error is still there or not.
3. The Work Around
The word-around is quite simple. You just have to follow as instructed, and you just need the Skyrim Script Extender and SkyUI.
- You need to go to the Skyrim game’s directory and open the Plugins.txt text files.
- After that, the mods you have added to the game need a proper location. Now, add ’*’ in front of the line.
- Finally, save the changes you have made and restart the script extender to check if the error is still there.
4. Place the Game Folder in a New Location
The steps mentioned below to help you out:
- If you have already installed the game, you will find it on the local disk C:\.. But, in case not, then create a new one.
- You will observe that the steam does not detect the file. Now, launch the steam.
- Then, in the directory of the Skyrim game, right-click on it and select the Properties option from the context menu.
- After that, you have to hit the Local Files tab and click on the Browser button. You will be in the SSF game folder.
- From the new game files location, launch the SKSE in the system.
So, this was all about the SKYUI Error Code 1 issue. We have discussed what exactly it is and why it is causing it. Even the fixes are well explained so that you won’t face any trouble following them. Hope the given fixes help you out.