“How to reset Apple Airport Extreme?” is one of the common questions of every Apple base station users. There are three types of reset process which you can perform with your Airport based station. Soft Reset, Hard Reset, and Factory Hard Reset. Once you perform a Soft Reset, it resets the password of the base station and disables the security for some time. In case of Hard reset and Factory-default reset, it removes saved configurations. But, before proceeding with the reset process, you have to be sure about that, the firmware which you are using is up to date.
If you are a new user of Apple Airport Extreme, then the Apple Airport Extreme Reset can be confusing for them. If you have no idea about how to perform it, then these instructions given with effective solutions will help you out.
How to Reset Apple Airport Extreme?
Here are some useful steps with the help of which you can perform this action on your own. In that case, try to follow these steps:
- Firstly, you need to locate the reset button which is situated in the base station, next to the ports.
- When instructed, you need to press this button with a paper clip.
Resetting Apple Airport Extreme can be divided in two ways.
In order to perform a soft reset process, follow these steps:
- At first, you have to be sure about that, the base station is connected to power.
- After that, you have to hold down the reset button for 10 seconds
- And then, you have to release the button.
Perform Factory-Default Reset
You can also perform a Factory-default reset, in order to reset Apple Airport Extreme using these steps:
- At first, you need to disconnect the base station from power.
- When you hold down the reset button, you have to plug the base station into the power and you have to hold the reset button.
- Once you are done with the steps, you have to connect the base station with a power socket and hold the reset button for some time, until you notice the three status lights turn on.
- After you complete this process, you have to release the button.
Here is comprehensive guidance with the help of which you can perform Apple Airport Extreme reset process. Hopefully, you have implemented the steps and have fixed the situation which you are facing. That’s all for this post and we will see you in the next one.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How do I console my extreme switch?
How do I find the IP address of my extreme switch?
If the other switch is an Extreme and they share a layer 3 management VLAN, a show edp port (connecting port) info command will provide the linked Extreme switch’s IP address.