How to do Dlink Router Setup with Manual Procedure?
Sharing is caring!
Dlink routers are the most- trusted devices because of its smooth network services. However, in order to make the best possible use of the Dlink router. It can be used to build a secure home connection for all of your wireless and wired devices. Most of the users have reported that they find the Dlink router setup procedure very difficult for execution. Thus we bring you easy ways to do so. You need to be thorough with its setup procedure. In this article, therefore we have discussed the most appropriate ways to set up the router.
Therefore, if you want to know how to setup the Dlink router then go through this article carefully. Here in this section below, we are going to provide the steps to set up this router to your computer successfully.
Step 1 – Connect the Modem to the Router
The first thing that you need to do is to attach the modem to the router. You will find the power adapter which is come with the Dlink router. So, follow the under mentioned steps to connect the modem to the Dlink router:
- At first, you need to connect the Dlink router to the Power Source.
- Then, take one ethernet cable for the setup process. To proceed further, you will require one cable to attach WAN port of the router to the modem.
- After setting up this, switch on the Power button on the Modem and Router and then wait for a few seconds to boot till all lights turn on.
In this section, you will get to know the connections between the router and the device. You can install the Dlink router to the computer in two ways. Follow these steps:
Additional Ethernet cable is what you need if you have to go for Wired setup. During the wired setup, you need another ethernet cable to connect the router to the LAN ports of the computer. After doing this, you can switch on the system.
If you want wireless setup the Dlink router to the computer then you can follow these steps:
- If the Dlink router is connected with the modem, you just need to restart the router as well as the computer.
- Once the system is restarted, navigate to the Network icon which is present at the bottom right side corner of the window. Now the Network List will display on the screen.
- From that list, you will find the Dlink, select it and put the password and then click on the Connect button.
After completing all the connections, you have to access the Dlink router website page on your computer. If you do not know how to configure Dlink router then follow these steps:
- Firstly, open a web browser that you are currently using on your computer.
- When the Web browser window opens, type the default gateway address in the address bar. Now you can see the Dlink router official login page will open.
- In the login page, you will see a popup message that will ask for Username and Password. Put the Username is admin and also Password is admin.
- After that, select the Login button. This is the default login data of the Dlink router.
- When the Login page opens, navigate to the Setup tab.
- From the Setup tab, select the Setup Wizard button.
- Then, select the “Launch Internet Connection Setup Wizard” button. Now you will see the setup process for the router’s internet connection and administrator account has started.
- After that, select the Next button.
- From the Next window, you have to create a new password. Enter the new password in both Password and Verify Password box. After that, select the Next button.
- Select the time zone from the menu list and then hit the Next button to finish the setup process.
- Once the setup process is done, click on the Save option.
- Restart the router and it will take some time.
Step 4 – Create a Wireless Network
Once the setup process is completed, now you can create a Wireless network on the system. To do that follow the steps:
- Open the Dlink router login page.
- In the Dlink router window, select the Setup section.
- When the Setup tab opens, go to the left side panel and select the Wireless Settings button.
- Next, mark on the Enable Wireless button.
- Put the name for the network that you have given.
- Now, click on the “WPA2” as the “Security Mode” button.
- Next, you need to create a password and make a note for it for further uses.
- Then select the Save Settings button.
- After doing all these steps, you need to restart the router and then connect the computer.
We hope you will get all the information about the Dlink router setup procedure on the system. The above-discussed steps are helpful enough in order to configure a Dlink router on your device. Read the article carefully and apply them accordingly. It is recommended that do not skip any steps otherwise you need to perform all the steps from the beginning.
Sharing is caring!