It is a personal IP address by which you can configure any type of local network device in your private network. In some router device, it is set as a default IP address. There are various types of private IP addresses, out of which 192.168.100.1 is a convenient one.
Here, we will discuss various steps by which you can proceed with 192.168.100.1 login. Hence, follow all the given steps very attentively.
Steps to Create a Private Network Using 192.168.100.1 IP Address
All the necessary steps to use the 192.168.100.1 IP address are given below.
Use 192.168.100.1 to Login & Access Admin Panel
You can use this IP address to access the Admin panel of your router. In order to enter the Admin section, follow the essential steps that are given below.
- Open a web browser in your computer and type 192.168.100.1 in the address bar.
- Then, click on the “Access Router Panel” or “Access Router Panel 2” option on the web page that will appear in front of you. Wait for some time until the entire admin panel loads.
- After that, write the default username and password present in the router’s user guide. Then press the “Enter” key.
- Now, the admin web-page 192.168.100.1 is ready to use. After that, you will be able to configure all of your other gadgets.
- It is also possible to make some changes to the network name. Moreover, you can add new devices by altering some changes in the admin panel as well.
- In addition to that, you can check the number of devices that is active in your router with the help of 192.168.100.1 admin panel.
However, we advise you to change your network name and its password more often to resist any type of cyber menace in your wireless network.
Establish Link to 192.168.100.1 Router
With the help of this IP address, you can also log into your router device. To do so, type 192.168.100.1 in the address bar of your web browser and click “Enter”.
You must add “www.” before typing the IP address. Else, you will receive an error or a message like “Page Not Found”. After that, the router’s default web page will open and you can access the admin username as well as its password.
Create a Connection to the Local Router as Admin
You can easily change the IP address of your router if you are the Administrator. In general, 192.168.100.1 is the default admin id and password. Hence, you must keep in mind that you will not get any particular advantage over any other IP address.
However, there are a few WiFi routers that don’t use 192.168.100.1 as their default IP address. The alternatives are like 192.168.10.1, 192.168.0.1, 192.168.1.1, and 192.168.1.254. Now, check the list of default router usernames and its passwords on the Internet.
Additional Information Regarding 192.168.100.1 Login
192.168.100.1 is an IP version 4 address, which means you cannot use this with any other routers that don’t belong to your local network. It is only valid within your LAN. But, if your network connection uses dynamic Domain Name Services (DNS), then the 192.168.100.1 IP address will help you to connect to your home network by utilizing the available host.
Note: No router devices or clients have come across any change in the network security or performances compared to any other local area networks.
When a device set 192.168.100.1 IP address, then its Administrators must avoid this address if it is present in a DHCP router series. If it clashes with some other IP addresses, then the router assigns 192.168.100.1 dynamically to a particular gadget, which is already using a fixed address.
However, it is not possible to remember your router’s IP address all the time, as we might forget it somehow. So don’t panic, as the list of some default ID and password are listed in the table below.
Default Username and Password List
Some of the default username and password for your router are given below. Hopefully, these default credentials will work in all router devices.