WiFi helps in sending signals between the devices. At home, you use a router to convert data to connect with your devices. A network interface card is present in all wireless devices that allow the wireless source to connect with the device.
But, often, the user might experience a WiFi error can’t connect to this network error. It can be very frustrating at times. It means that the system is unable to set up a connection because of a network error. There are different reasons for this error. In the next unit, we will talk about this in more detail.
Causes behind t Can’t Connect To This Network error
Before we go on with the fixes, you must understand the causes behind this error. Knowing the main cause will help you in solving the problem in an easier manner. And, they are listed below:
1. Physical Damages
It might be possible that the router or the ethernet card is responsible for this error. And, because of the damaged router and damaged ethernet card, your system cannot establish a proper connection. Thus, display the error message on your system.
2. Infected Files
Malware or infected files can be one of the key reasons why the error is appearing. The malware can infect the system, restricting it to work stably and even hamper the system’s efficiency. Thus, it can be possible that corrupted files are the reason for the disrupted network service.
3. Updated Buggy
Often it has been seen that updates in Windows help in fixing the error and also the bug on your system. But, some updates can generate errors on the system. Thus, buggy updates can be the reason behind this error on your system.
4. Outdated Driver
We all know that drivers play an important role. It makes sure that your system and applications work efficiently and smoothly. Therefore, it is very important to keep your driver up-to-date. The latest version can be downloaded from the official website. Or even you can check the application website provider to know about the latest update.
Method to Fix the can’t connect to this Network Error
A number of methods are available to fix this error. Below, we have listed the solutions that will help you out. Follow them and get rid of Can’t connect to this network error.
1. Forget the Network
First, go with a simple method to solve the problem. If you see that your system is hanging up, then this method can help you in fixing the problem by resetting your system. Forget password option means it will wipe your saved password.
So, it is important to remember the password as you need it to reconnect the network. The steps are given below:
- First, on the action bar, you have to select the WiFi icon.
- Now, select the network by right-clicking on it, and select the Forget option.
- If you see that the network has not been listed, then you need to select Network & Internet Settings.
- Now, select WiFi from the sidebar on the new window.
- Then, you need to click the Manage Known Networks option, followed by Network You Want To Forget from the given list.
- Hit the Forget button, and to reconnect you need to click on the name of The Network and then enter the security key. Finally, click on the Next option.
2. Turn Off the Airplane Mode
If you see that your computer is not connecting with the network, then check whether the Airplane mode is on or not. It might be possible that due to Airplane mode the error is being displayed due to Aeroplane mode.
It is basically used to stop transmitting wireless signals to devices. It is a quick way to fix the error. And, the steps are given below to help you out:
- You will notice an Airplane symbol on the right corner of the action bar.
- Then, select Network & Internet settings, followed by Airplane mode.
- Turn off the Airplane mode and turn on the WiFi.
3. Plugin the Ethernet Cord
Using an ethernet cord will help by isolating the key problem. If the ethernet connection has internet access this means that your computer is the main culprit, and it can also be your WiFi network or even network settings.
This method will give you an idea of which part is malfunctioning. In a situation where the ethernet connection does not restore the internet connection, it means that you need to take a look at the router or ISP.
4. Channel Mode Adjust
You already know different wireless brands have different data rates and channel widths. And, for example, the 2.4 GHz band can experience more congestion. Thus, you can adjust the channel mode in order to get rid of the given error. And, the steps are given below:
- At first, you have to click the Start menu followed by the Control Panel.
- The Control Panel dialog box will appear, and from there, you have to select the Network and Internet option.
- After that, you have to select the Network and Sharing Center option followed by Change Adapter Settings on the left side.
- Now, search for the WiFi adapter and right-click on it to select the Properties option.
- Then, you will have to click on the Configure button and select the Advanced tab in the new window.
- Now, click on the respected Channel mode and change the options to find the one that will fix the error.
5. Match the Security Type between Adapter and Router
We know that WiFi security is very important to protect personal information and internet activity. It also protects the network from being used by your neighbours. The steps are given below to adjust the security type on your computer:
- First, you have to go to the Start menu and search for the Control Panel.
- After opening the Control Panel go to Network and Internet.
- Over there, select the Network and Sharing Center.
- Now, click on the WiFi connection on the right side. A new window will open in front of you.
- You need to hit the Wireless Properties option. After that check what Security Type and Encryption Types are being used. You can also change them according to your will.
- Finally, click the OK option and check if the wifi error can’t connect to this network is still there or not.
6. Enable IPv4 and IPv6
All WiFi connections are assigned with different IP addresses. Often it has been seen that enabling different IPv4 and IPv6 helps in eliminating the error. To help the users, the steps are given below:
- First, you have to select the Start menu and go to the Control Panel.
- The Control Panel dialog box will appear on your screen. After that, select Network and Internet option.
- Then, you have to select the Network and Sharing center option followed by Change Adapter Settings on the life side.
- Now, look for the WiFi adapter and then select the Properties option. Check if both the IPv4 and IPv6 are enabled.
- Finally, click OK and see if the connection is proper or not.
7. Update the Network and Adapter Driver
The wifi error can’t connect to this network can also appear if the network adapter is outdated. The driver is like a backbone that helps in running the machine smoothly. To update the driver, the steps are given below:
- First, right-click on the Start menu, and then select the Device Manager option.
- Now, expand the Network Adapter section. After that, right-click on the Network Adapter and select the Update Driver option.
- Then, select the Search automatically for the driver. Now, Windows will search for the later driver.
- After updating, restart and see if the problem has been resolved or not.
8. Restart the Router
Regular rebooting can help your router to get rid of the error. This is one of the simplest ways to get rid of the error.
First, you have to unplug the power cable, and then, you have to wait at least 15 seconds and after that plug the router back. Finally, see if the problem is resolved or not.
So, these are the ways that will help in resolving the error. This error is quite common, and the above methods will make sure that the WiFi error can’t connect to this network error does not trouble you much.