A surge suppressor protects the electronic devices from unusual peak AC voltage spikes and limits the voltage usage within the Threshold value. So, if you want to prevent unwanted damages and protect the electronic devices then you must choose the best surge protectors.
If you intend to buy one then at first you need to go through all the product details and understand the most trending surge protectors in 2020. Thus, it will help you to select the best-suited protector based on your requirements.
7 Top Surge Protectors of 2020
Now, here are all the details of those products. You will get to know the specifications and features including the advantages and disadvantages:
1. APC Back-UPS Pro 1500VA Battery Backup & Surge Protector
If you want the best backup battery then you can choose the APC Back-UPS Pro 1500VA Battery Backup & Surge Protector. You can run your electronic equipment even in critical weather situations. This surge suppressor includes an excellent power source backup system.
It includes an adjustable voltage sensitivity and an audible alarm for changing the utility power and UPS. You will get the battery failure notifications and a quick battery replacement service from these surge protectors.
- The output power capacity is 865 Watts / 1.5 KVA.
- Nominal output and the input voltage is 230V.
- The input and output full-load efficiency is 85 % respectively.
- It includes one power cord and a battery life of 2-4 years.
- It has a maximum height of 30.1 cm and a maximum width of 11.4 cm.
- This surge protector can be operated at a 0-40 degree Celcius.
- The devices come along with an adjustable voltage-transfer point and voltage sensitivity for protecting the electrical devices.
- You will get a battery failure notification to prevent further damage.
- The surge LEDs will indicate if there is any fault in the building wiring.
- The power-saving features cut the power automatically for conserving electricity.
- It includes an automatic battery self-test to detect and indicate whether a battery replacement is required.
The only disadvantage of opting for this device is that the unit is bulky and quite huge.
2. APC 8-Outlet Surge Protector 2630
This surge protector device is recommended as the best value suppressor for electronic devices. You can protect 8 electrical equipment and 2 USB powered phones using this APC 8-Outlet surge protector 2630.
Here, the number 2630 denotes the joule rating of the surge suppressor with 2.4 amps load-sharing over two USB ports.
- The surge protector is rated as 15 amp, 120 volt and 2630 joules rating.
- It includes 8 outlets with resettable circuit breakers and USB chargers.
- It has a product height of 1.25 inches and a product width of 3.5 inches.
- The APC 8-Outlet surge protectors are usually black in colour.
- The LED indicates if there is any fault in the building wiring.
- It includes four transformer-spaced and four regular outlets to protect the electrical equipment.
- The surge protector consists of an EMI/RFI noise filter to maintain the audio-video quality.
- It also protects the devices from electromagnetic interference.
- It includes a 6 foot 180-degree rotating power cord for the flexible position of the protector.
- It does not include coaxial protection and child safety features.
- Fax and Modem protection are not available in the case of the APC 8-Outlet surge protectors.
- It also does not include phone protection and Auto disconnection features.
3. STAND DESK 12 Port Surge Protector Power Strip
You can choose the STAND DESK 12 Port Surge Protector Power Strip, which is considered to be one of the best surge protectors for your office uses. It includes a 12-foot cord to mount it on the wall. Otherwise, you can choose to keep it in any particular location.
It is appropriate for connecting and withstanding bulky loads. Hence, it is an excellent choice for protecting office appliances.
- The STAND DESK 12 port surge protector power strip includes the surge protection of 900 joules.
- The power rating includes 1800 watts and 15A.
- The cord length of this surge suppressor is 12 feet.
- It includes a product warranty of one year.
- This surge protector is multifunctional and you can use it in the kitchen and living rooms too.
- You can mount the power adapters vertically or horizontally with your STAND DESK surge suppressor.
- You do not need to buy an extension power cords as it already includes one wire.
- It is made of high-quality aluminium that makes the surge protector shiny.
- Users have reported the safety of this product.
4. CyberPower EC850LCD
You can also use this surge protector as the best backup battery after the APC Back-UPS Pro 1500VA Battery Backup device. This Cyber power EC850LCD surge protector provides an ECO mode for enhancing energy efficiency.
When a laptop is connected to any peripherals and is in sleep mode the ECO mode automatically switches off the power. It provides the battery life after connecting the devices to 120 minutes which is more than enough for saving the open files.
- It has a surge protection rating of 526 joules.
- The power capacity rating is 510 watts/ 850VA.
- This surge protector has a width of 12.2 inches and a height of 3.1 inches.
- It can run up to 6 minutes for half load and 1 minute for a full load.
- It can operate up to a maximum temperature of 104 degrees Fahrenheit.
- The battery is made based on Leak acid technology.
- Cyber power EC850LCD surge suppressor includes an LCD display.
- The LED indicators denote if there is any fault in the wiring.
- This surge protector uses the GreenPower UPS technology.
- It consists of the 45-degree rotating plug for flexible positioning.
- It also includes a product warranty of up to 3 years.
Often, users reported about the overloading issue associated with the surge protector.
5. BESTEK 6-Outlet Surge Protector
If you are looking for the best surge protectors within an affordable budget then the BESTEK 6-Outlet surge protector is the most appropriate for you. It includes a 15 amp circuit breaker for keeping the electrical devices safe.
The EMI noise filter prevents electronic equipment from buzzing. So, let’s take a glance at the remarkable features.
- It has a product dimension of 9.30 x 8.70x 2.40 inches having a weight of 2.1 pounds.
- Input is rated as AC 100-125V and the smart port is rated as 5 V/ 2.4 A.
- It has a surge protection rating of 740 joules.
- It includes a unique circular design for charging omnidirectionally.
- It includes some multiple protection features that keep the electrical devices safe and secure.
- This surge protector uses an ultra-durable phosphor bronze for high durability and better power conversion.
- The smart USB ports are based on Intelligent Recognition Technology that automatically charges the devices at full speed.
- You can also charge your phones and other devices with Qualcomm quick chargers.
- The wires are made of high-quality copper materials that secure the electric leakages and provide high durability.
The only flaw is that you can’t plug in the large adapters.
6. Lanshion 8-Outlet 4-USB Surge Protector
If you are looking for the best surge protectors with a top-notched quality design then this surge suppressor is what you are looking for. The Lanshion 8-Outlet 4-USB Surge Protector consists of 8 outlets and 4 USBs to power the office appliances consecutively.
It uses the fireproof ABS plastic and PVC copper wire to secure the safety of the electrical devices.
- It has a product dimension of 80 x 25 x 25 cm having a weight of 748 g.
- Cord length of the Lanshion 8-Outlet 4-USB Surge Protector is 6.5 ft.
- It has a voltage rating of 110-125V and a wattage of 1000W.
- The frequency range is up to 50-60 Hz.
- It consists of a built-in surge protection technology.
- Lanshion 8-Outlet 4-USB Surge Protector includes two power buttons for switching on.
- The outlets are suitable for a plugin in larger AC adapters.
- The outlets and the USBs can consequently power the equipment.
Users report that a little weight would have made the device more stable.
7. AmazonBasics 6-Outlet Surge Protector
You can also choose the Amazon basics 6-outlet surge suppressor as this protector is a budget-friendly product. This surge protector is very cost-effective and includes a 6 foot flexible AWG power cord. It includes three-line surge protection that is suitable for smaller home appliances.
- It has a product dimension of 30.2 x 16.5 x 4.4 cm having a weight of 499 g.
- It has a wattage rating of 1875 Watts.
- The surge protector includes 6 ports.
- The power rating includes 125 V, AC 15A and 60 Hz.
- The LED lights indicate if there is any fault or error occurring in the system.
- It includes a surge protection rating of 790 joules.
- The budget is affordable for users.
- It includes a strong on/off switch device.
- Often the outlets may not work properly.
- You will get the Mounting holes cut in an odd manner.
So, if you are looking for the best surge protectors then you can choose anyone from the enlisted product. Choose the one that meets your daily work out so that you can ensure that the gadgets keep working for a long period of time.