Windows users are quite aware of this WiFi error unable to join the network. It might be possible that while trying to open the email or streaming any show, you run into this error message. You don’t have to face a lot of hassle as the fixes are straightforward. Even Windows has many additional features to help the users fix the problem. But, before going straight to the fixes, you first need to understand the causes behind this error.
Root Causes of the WiFi Error Unable to Join the Network Error
Many users are constantly linked with the internet, either with mobile, computer etc. In a way, they have become experts. Therefore, finding the source of the problem is very important if you are experiencing a WiFi error unable to join the network. And, for this error, either the computer or the router is responsible.
If the main source is your computer, then the possibilities are that the Airplane mode is On or the network has been forgotten. It can also be possible that the internet protocol version is not set right, the WiFi network adapter is not compatible, or the power option is responsible. But, the main source is the router, then due to poor router signal, the router has not been reset, or the router is too far.
Troubleshoot of WiFi Error Unable to Join the Network
We are about to discuss the fixes of WiFi unable to join the network error. The methods are easy thus you can smoothly perform them and fix the problem. Many users have dissolved the problem using the below fixes:
1. Change the Power Option
To fix the error, and you can change the Power option and increase the system’s performance. The steps are given below:
- At first, you need to go to the Search bar, type Power And Sleep Settings and then click on it.
- After that, a dialog box will appear, and you have to select the Additional Power Settings option.
- Now, click on the Change Plan Settings Option. Then, you will see a window displayed on your screen. Search the Change Advanced Power Settings option and click on it.
- Again a dialog box will appear. Now, you have to locate Wireless Adapter Settings and select the Power Saving Mode.
- Then, click on the drop-down menu and select Maximum Performance followed by OK and Apply.
2. Change the Channel Width
By changing the channel width for your network adapter, you can fix the error. The steps are given below:
- First, you have to right-click on the WiFi option, and then select the open Network And Sharing Centre option.
- A window will display in front of you and then click on the Change Adapter Settings option.
- Now, right-click on the Network option and then select Properties. Again a dialog box will appear, and now you have to select the Configure option.
- In the property list, you have to select advanced ”>”802.11n channel width for 2.4GHz”>” and on the right, select the vale 20 MHz only. Now, you will see that the error has been fixed.
3. Enable NIC
To fix the error, users often try to disable or enable NIC. To do so, below we have listed the steps:
- You need to hold the Windows+R key together from the keyboard. The Run dialog box will display and in the given space type ‘ncpa.cpl’. Finally, click the Ok button.
- Again a box will display on your screen, select Disable To Proceed Further. Now, Enable it and Restart the system. Finally, see if the WiFi error unable to join the network is fixed or not.
4. Change Wireless Network Mode
You must be aware of the fact that various network modes allow the user to connect to any particular network. Below, we have mentioned the steps that will help you out.
- First, you have to open the Network and Sharing centre and select the Change Adapter Settings option.
- After selecting the network, right-click on it. A dialog box will display, and you need to click on the Properties option. Again a dialog box will display and select the Configure option.
- After that, click on Advanced. Then, in the Property list, select the Wireless Mode option and on the right under the value, select 802.11b/g followed by the OK button. Now, check if the error has been dissolved or not.
5. Same Security Type should be used
We know that the WiFi is protected with security. Thus, it is very important to ensure that the security type is the same in both adapter and windows. The steps are given below:
At first, you have to open the Network and Sharing Centre option and select the WiFi option. After that, select the Wireless Properties option. Now, hit the Security option and Verify The Security Type followed by the OK option.
6. Disable IPv6
You will see in most cases, the system uses IPv4, but to perform a certain task, and you need to use IPv6. Thus, disabling the IPv6 might help in fixing the error.
- On the WiFi option, you have to right-click on it and then select the Open Network And Sharing Centre option.
- A window will display on your screen, and you need to select the Change Adapter Settings option. Now, right-click on your Network and select the Properties option.
- A dialog box will be displaced, and you just have to locate and uncheck the internet protocol version 6 (TCP/IPv6) followed by the OK option.
- Finally, restart your computer and check if the error has been resolved or not.
Above are the steps to fix the WiFi error that cannot join the network. The methods are well elaborated, which will help you proceed further. The causes behind this error are also explained, which will help you deal with the steps in a better way.