For Support, Call Us Now :
How to Login a Buffalo Router (The Definitive Guide)
Nowadays, almost all the work in offices is done on computers and online. Earlier, people used to rely on slow internet and offline working. However, it has far changed with the invention of Wi-Fi. Now, you can easily use a router to turn any wired network connection into a wireless network.
There are many types and brands of routers that are available in the market. Out of these, Buffalo routers stand out in terms of features and functionality. These routers are easy to use and much easier to set up. To begin with, you need to access the Buffalo router’s login page to configure the whole device.
Steps to Follow Before Buffalo Router Setup
The fastest way to configure any router is by using a computer or laptop. Therefore, make sure that you have turned your computer on. Next, unbox your router and empty its contents as well. Take the Ethernet cable for the Internet and insert it in the relevant port of the router.
After that, connect the power adaptor to it and turn on the device. Some models of routers can take up to 5 minutes to completely startup. Thereafter, take out the user guide and the packaging box. Both of these will help you to successfully set up your router. Thus, follow the instructions given in the following section.
Steps to Login to Buffalo Router
Once your computer is turned on, look for the router’s default SSID and password. This is usually given in the user guide or on the box. You can also find these details on the back of the router. Alternatively, you can use an RJ45 cable to directly connect the router to your device.
After connecting, go through the steps provided below to access the Buffalo router login page.
- Go to your desktop and open any web browser of your choice. Then, head over to the address bar and enter ‘192.168.11.1’ in the text field. Subsequently, press the Enter key to go to that page.
- Now, you will see the router’s login page. Here, you have to enter the default username and password to gain access. Again, this information can be found in the user guide, on the router or on the package.
- After typing the login credentials, click on Login. Now, you will be able to configure your router’s settings. For this, refer to the section below.
How to Configure Settings through Buffalo Router Login
You will be able to configure your Buffalo router only after you’re logged in. Thus, follow the instructions below to configure your wireless router.
First, you have to configure your Internet settings to be able to browse the web. Therefore, follow the steps below.
- Access the router’s login page through a web browser by entering ‘192.168.11.1’. Next, enter your login credentials and access the configurations page.
- Thereafter, head over to Advanced Settings and click on Internet Settings. Here, you’ll have to choose a connection type as provided to you by your network provider.
- Then, enter the connection details in their respective fields. Make sure that you enter the details correctly. Any incorrect information will prevent you from connecting to the internet.
- Lastly, save your settings and move on to the next section.
Once the internet settings are configured, you need to change your wireless settings. Hence, follow the steps below.
- Head over to the Wireless tab from the top menu. There, click on SSID and give a name to your home network.
- Next, set a strong password for your Wi-Fi. You should use both alphabets and numbers to make it harder for others to guess your password.
- Accordingly, you can change the Channel number and Network type to enjoy a faster browsing experience. For the most part, you should choose channel 4 or 11 and 5 GHz for network type.
Configuring Special Features of Buffalo Router
Apart from these, some models of Buffalo routers have some additional features. These provide added functionality or help protect your online experience. Some of these have been explained below.
Web Filtering is exactly what the name signifies. With this feature, you will be able to monitor your home’s internet activity. You can block certain websites and even block a single device from accessing sensitive or mature content. This can be configured after accessing the Buffalo Router’s login page.
Additionally, some routers have a USB port that can act as cloud storage. Thus, you can connect a USB stick or an external drive to your router. Thereafter, you can access the USB storage from the router’s settings page. This way, you will be able to upload and download files from any device onto the storage.
Another interesting feature of Buffalo routers is the Guest Accounts feature. With this, you can create a separate password through which your guests can connect to the network. Moreover, you can limit the internet usage and internet speed as well. For dual-band routers, you can even create a separate SSID along with its separate password.
Common Issues Faced by Buffalo Router Users
How do I change the Buffalo Router Login Password?
Ans. You can easily change the router’s login password from the router’s settings page. For that, visit ‘192.168.11.1’ in a browser and login using the default credentials. After that, head over to Advanced Settings and click on Change Password. Next, set a new password and confirm the changes. The router will reboot and the password will be changed.
What to do if I Forget the Buffalo Router Login Password?
Ans. The only thing left to do in such cases is to simply reset the router. This will revert the device back to its default settings. This means that you have to configure it again by accessing it with the help of the default login credentials.
You can do this by pressing the reset button at the back of the router. You can refer to the user guide or search online to know its exact location. Additionally, you will require a small pin or needle to press and hold this button for around 10 seconds. After that, you have to connect your computer to the device and configure the settings once again.
In summary, the above instructions should guide you to properly configure your Buffalo router. Always ensure that you have entered the correct details during Internet Setup. You may need to contact your network provider if the internet is not working. They will either help you or set up the router themselves.