Routers are the most essential requirement to maintain businesses network. Whether you are running the latest CRM software on your smartphone or trying to link the POS system to the internet, a safe and powerful router makes the communication easier.
Nowadays, modern routers come with dual or even triple band connectivity along with additional exciting features. They have the ability to handle a huge amount of network traffic.
If you are an entrepreneur are have just started the business then you must be looking for something that suits you best. You need something that has enough capacity to manage a huge capacity of devices and to access the network with any glitch.
If you are searching for the best small business routers, here we have gathered our top picks in routers, ideal for enhancement in small businesses.
Top 6 Routers for Small Businesses
Routers used specifically for small businesses must be quick to set up should be easy along with hassle-free maintenance. Along with all the necessary features you will need easy access and easy-to-use user interface.
We have sorted the routers depending on their connectivity options, remote access, security, support, and scalability features.
Let’s have a look at the routers models that will help you get raw speed, value or QoS features:
#1 Asus BRT-AC828 Router
Asus is a well-reputed brand and known for manufacturing the best quality of the router. The BRT-AC828 is a business router that comes with a lot of features.
- Connectivity: 2 X USB 3.0 and 8 X Gigabit Ethernet.
- Speed: 802.11n: 800 Mbps and 802.11 ac: 1734 Mbps.
- Features: Radium Support, Dual WAN, Hardware Security.
- Pros: Impressive expansion capabilities, 8 Gigabit Ethernet ports.
- Cons: Expensive.
This router comes with the M.2 slot to plug in an SSD. It enables the router to convert itself into a mini-NAS. It has the capability to combine four 1 Gb Ethernets ports into a virtual 4 Gb one. This router also supports LTE as a backup connection.
If you are looking for a top-ranking router, then this model provides 4 X 4 MU-MIMO with a theoretical speed up to 2.6 Gbps. Asus BRT-AC828 router has a partnership with Trend Micro that thus providing an in-built security protection package called AlProtection.
#2 Billion BiPAC 8900AX-2400 Router
If you are searching for a stable and good performing router, then the Billion BiPAC 8900AX-2400 Router can be your ultimate choice.
- Connectivity: 1 X USB 2.0 and 4 X Gigabit Ethernet.
- Speed: 802.11n: 600 Mbps and 802.11ac: 1750 Mbps.
- Features: 16 X IPSec VPN tunnels, Auto-failover.
- Pros: ADSL2+ modem included, Good Performance.
- Cons: Only USB 2.0, Clunky interface.
You can replace your existing modems with this router model. This is a perfect router for the users who are willing to set up a fast network. It is a lightweight router compared to its other competitors in terms of connectivity.
#3 Netgear Orbi Pro Router
You can opt for this router if you want to switch to networking that is new and have the capability to outrage the modern age demand. This is a modular Wi-Fi mesh system that is specifically designed for business users.
- Connectivity: 4 X Gigabit LAN and 1 X Gigabit WAN.
- Speed: 802.11 AC 3 Gbps.
- Features: Traffix separation, modern design, easy to set up, modular network coverage.
- Pros: Fantastic performance, easy to deploy.
- Cons: Expensive.
Netgear Orbi Pro router is better than range extenders or multiple wireless sources. It can provide a net solution in covering a small business right out of the box.
#4 Linksys Max-Stream EA9500 Router
Linksys is one of the best routers in delivering a tri-band router that uses Mu-MIMO technology. It comes with eight whopping antennas that help it to provide two 2.17 Gbps streams with an additional 1 Gbps stream for legacy 2.4 GHz devices.
- Connectivity: 1 X USB 3.0 and 8 X Gigabit Ethernet.
- Speed: 802.11n: 1000 Mbps and 802.11 ac: 2166 Mbps.
- Features: Smart Wi-Fi app, Tri-band, 8 antennas.
- Pros: Surprisingly affordable, tri-band modem.
- Cons: There is no facility to combine the LAN ports.
To manage three separate bands of a router you need to have a gadget that has serious firepower. This is where this router model steps forward. It comes with a dual-core 1.4 GHz processor. You can control this router easily by using its Smart Wi-Fi app. This can be considered as an exceptional feature of this router.
#5 Netgear Nighthawk X10 Router
Netgear Nighthawk X10 router comes along with features that are specifically designed to meet the requirement of small businesses. This router is rated at 2600 Mbps by using the 4 X 4 MU-MIMO technology.
- Connectivity: 2 X USB 3.0 and 7 X Gigabit Ethernet.
- Speed: 802.11n: 800 Mbps and 802.11ac: 1734 Mbps.
- Features: Bundled Amazon cloud drive, 802.11ad.
- Pros: 10G LAN SPF connectivity.
- Cons: Expensive, it doesn’t use 802.11ad as its mainstream.
It has several LAN ports and you can combine a pair of them to get 2Gbps speed. It is designed to help you grasp powerful hardware which includes 512 MB storage, 1GB RAM, ARM processor (quad-core), and USB 3.0 ports.
#6 Synology RT2600ac Router
If you are looking for a broadcast router with a NAS or network-attached storage device, then the Synology RT2600ac router is the best choice for a small business.
- Connectivity: 1 X USB 3.0, 1 X USB 2.0, 4 X Gigabit WAN, and 1 X SD card reader.
- Speed: 802.11n: 800 Mbps and 802.11ac: 1733 Mbps.
- Features: Beam-forming, 1.7 GHz dual-core processor.
- Pros: Easy-to-use setup procedure, extra hardware like SD card reader.
- Cons: Unavailability of the fastest 802.11ac Wi-Fi connection.
It has only 4GB in-built storage, but you get an additional option along with this gadget. You can use the external storage or you can also configure your own Google Drive. It is the most accessible router than any other NAS device.
We have discussed the 6 best routers that can help you to boost the network range and enhance your small business. All the routers perfectly suit home as well as small office requirements.
Despite having few shortcomings these routers are the most convenient and known for delivering a fast, secure and stable network connectivity. Further, every gadget has the scope of upgrading itself. Thus, you might get advanced communication support just by relying on these routers.